How to Delete muliple emails in Gmail
Posted on 16 August 2012
3. In the “Has the words” field, type before:2010/01/01. That’s just an example date; it would delete all messages received prior to January 1 of last year. You can use any date you want, as long as it conforms to the format YYYY/MM/DD.
4. Click Next step.
5. Check the box marked Delete it, then check the box for Also apply filter to ### conversations below. (Tip: If you want to preserve your mail while still getting it out of your inbox, choose Skip the inbox (Archive it) instead.)
6. Finally, click Create Filter. Depending on how many messages meet the filter criteria, the deletion process may take a minute or two.
Just make sure you really want to permanently delete all that mail. Unless you’re approaching your storage limit, the smarter move is to archive it instead. That way it’ll still be available when your run searches, but won’t clutter up your inbox
HOW TO DELETE ALL UNREAD EMAILS IN GMAIL
- Type is:unread in search box.
- Click search mail. All unread mails will be displayed.
- Select All from drop down tool.
- Click Select all conversations that match this search option.
- Now you can delete all unread mails.